I work with and write about beauty products and routines on a daily basis and I can honestly say nobody LOVES a new colorful makeup palette more than myself. However last night as I was reading a book to my daughter, something in the book made us giggle, then the giggle turned into a full blown laugh attack!! It then came to my mind, that one of the most beautiful things in the world is a big belly laugh! one that leaves you feeling relaxed and almost euphoric afterwards. It has been scientifically proven that a good hearty laugh relieves physical tension and stress leaving your muscles relaxed for up to 45 minutes, it increases immune cells and infection fighting antibodies and finally laughter triggers the release of endorphin’s which are the body’s natural feel good chemicals. All of which are effective in balancing the mind and body which consequently help us look and feel younger! So go ahead and have a good laugh and by the way its contagious too!
I give quick tips on how to implement fast and effective beauty and health routines for all of the tired and frazzled moms of the world because I truly feel that when you take a few minutes everyday to care for yourself you do feel better! Just imagine how much more difficult life would be, managing yourself and family if you were stricken with cancer. We have all seen the effects that cancer can have and it is devastating that is why this week I wanted to salute an amazing program called Look Good…Feel Better. This life changing program helps women suffering from Cancer by teaching them beauty techniques to help improve their self esteem and quality of life. This week is Look Good…Feel Better week! So lets salute all the amazing professionals who dedicate their time and talent! and above all to those beautiful women who during some of their darkest days can find a bit of hope and glitter in some good old fashion hair and makeup! because remember when you Look Good… You Feel Better!
1. Protect your skin from the harsh winter weather elements by using a protective skin serum, products like Elizabeth grant day/night rejuvenating skin serums, or Roc multi correxion skin serum.
2. Believe it or not I use the same serum for my face on the ends of my hair in the winter to protect against excessive dryness. Do the same and save money without having to buy a separate hair product.
3. The cold winter season has been shown to increase depression, so to fight the blues try a daily dose of fish oil! I take a teaspoon everyday and find it helps tremendously with my mood.
4. We are stuck inside alot in winter! so include into your daily routine at least 20 minutes of exercise. I switch it up by doing 20 minutes of either pilates or yoga everyday! The deep breathing gets the oxygen pumping through your muscles increasing your energy and it will increase your pheromones again helping to keep up your spirits.
5. We all know its almost impossible to stick to a diet in the winter! So let the word MODERATION become your best friend! I stick top this motto.. I eat like a queen in the morning, like a princess in the afternoon and like a pauper in the evening.
Inner beauty is just as important as outer beauty is and when you feel good on the inside it will compel you to want to look good as well!
I never worry about eating to much on holidays because the day after I do a full 24 hrs of nothing but a high protein/no fat diet. My food diary looks like this on a protein day.
Breakfast : Two boiled eggs, coffee sweetened with splenda or stevia and non fat half/half cream.
Lunch : left over turkey topped with non feta cheese
Afternoon treat is a non-fat latte
Dinner : grilled fillet of salmon (seasoned with salt,pepper, paprika,oregano and lemon juice with plain non fat greek yogurt on the side.
The 24hrs of protein will melt away the extra pounds put on from to many holiday treats.
Believe it or not but Breastmilk put into a dropper bottle can be used as eye drops! Homeopathic doctors will recommend this to new moms and it was suggested to me by another mom. It works and it feels amazing!
A brilliant anti wrinkle salve and makeup remover that may be hiding in the back of your refrigerator!
Crisco! Can be used as a moisturizer, make up remover and anti wrinkle salve. It helps hydrate the skin and hospitals have been known to use it to treat excema .
Non Fat plain greek yogurt mixed with strawberries and two table spoons of oatbran. Sweeten it with Stevia! an all natural zero calorie sugar substitute. It tastes like strawberry shortcake without all the calories and alot of beneficial protein to boost your energy in the morning.
Everyday as a mom is filled with multitasking, school, playdates, cleaning, cooking, etcetera and can leave you feeling like you have run your own marathon. After the kiddos are asleep try a hot bath with Epsom Salts! It will relax your tired muscles and help you sleep better to.
We all know that morning crunch time that starts when the kids wake up and we have to get ready to get out the door, so finding time for exercise when your a mom is tough! I recently lost the 30 pounds of baby weight I had been unable to get off and one of the things I did religiously every morning was the Pilates 100! Lie on your back and bring the legs up to a 90 degree angle, (lower them a bit for a challenge once you feel a bit stronger ) then lift your head and shoulders up and start pumping your arms by the sides of your hips. Do this 100 times while you breathe in and out! It doesn’t sound like much but it will get the oxygen flowing through your blood and give you a boost of energy. It helped build my abdominal muscles back after having a c-section.